I Can Modify (and combine different) Recipes to Create a My Own Masterpieces
I came into the food blogging world with a host of restaurants, and a lot of money spent on food under my belt. It has been my very public proclamation that I cannot cook, and have no real desire to. In the last year or so, that has changed. I still do not have the desire to cook professionally, but I am willing to mix up something in the kitchen on occasion. Chef Noelle Carter, Test Kitchen Director at the Los Angeles Times, personally invited me to a Thanksgiving event at her home known as: Long Table Thanksgiving. I was honored, and wanted to do my best to impress a woman with such culinary prowess, and whom I have personal admiration towards.
By the time the desserts were put out—around 7:00p.m. or so—I was well into a conversation about cars, and several other topics with Jeff (of Wreckless Eating), and George (of MotoManTV). My cheesecake was a backyard smash, and smashed prior to me taking its glamour shots.
I am thankful, honored, and humbled to receive an astonishing stamp of approval from a chef I admire dearly, her guest, and my friends.
- 2 x (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 - 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 10 Large Yams (peeled and boiled)
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup milk
- 1 - 1.5 packs of graham crackers
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- - Crush the graham crackers into fine speckles...smash smash smash into dust
- - Add butter
- - create graham cracker sand
- - spread as evenly as you can in springform pan
- - bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- - remove from oven and let cool, then refrigerate for 30 mins
- - Mix all ingredients in a boil til smooth
- - spread in bottom of the pan
- - bake for 15-20 minutes
- - let cool for 20-25 minutes
- - Add Sweet Potato mixture to top of cheesecake
- - Bake for 40-50 minutes
- - Let cool
- - Refrigerate for 4 hours, OR overnight
- - Serve & enjoy